The City of Atlanta owns and operates the Grant Park Pool. The Friends of Grant Park Pool are simply advocates for the pool, and have no jurisdiction over management of the pool.
Questions or complaints about pool policies, facilities, hours or staff behavior should be directed to:
The City of Atlanta has established the following rules and policies:
- Swimsuits are required in the pool deck area. No cut-offs, shorts, or non-nylon swimming attire is permitted.
- No running on swimming pool deck or in bathhouse area.
- An admission ticket must be purchased. Persons in civilian (street) clothing must receive permission from the manager or his/her designee to enter the swimming pool deck area.
- No pushing, dunking, or horse playing will be allowed on the deck, or in the swimming pool.
- Non-swimmers are allowed in shallow water only.
- Children ages 3 and under are required to wear “swim” diapers. Regular diapers are prohibited.
- No sitting or standing on swimming pool ladders or lifelines.
- Throwing any objects in the swimming pool area is prohibited.
- Emergency equipment is to be used by the Aquatic staff ONLY.
- Smoking and alcohol in the swimming pool area is prohibited.
- Swimming is prohibited when a lifeguard in not on duty.
- Glass containers and food are prohibited in the swimming pool area.
- Profane or abusive language will not be permitted in the bathhouse or swimming pool area, pool deck, bathhouse or swimming pool area.
- All patrons are subject to search. All weapons (guns, knives, etc.) are prohibited.
- All children 12 & under MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- No photography, filming or interviewing is allowed on City of Atlanta premises, nor inside of pool.
- Pool users must wear appropriate swimming suits or swimming trunks upon entry into the pool.
- Swimmers must wear bathing suits that do not expose private areas of the individual’s anatomy. The judgment of the manager will be the final decision.
- All children 3 and under, must wear a SWIM DIAPER. No exceptions. Regular or cloth diapers are not allowed in the pool.
- Clothing such as cut-offs, gym shorts, and underwear is not permitted as swimwear.
- All street clothing is prohibited in the pool deck area and pool.
- Swim wear must be clean prior to pool use. Swim wear material must be colorfast and lightweight suitable for swimwear, (i.e. Lycra, spandex, or nylon).
- Clean white T-shirts may be worn for modesty or medical reasons and must be sanctioned by the Pool Manager.
City of Atlanta
Office of Recreation
Harris Towers / 233 Peachtree Rd. Suite 1700